My Cake Addiction
Yesterday afternoon, I was working from home and I had a huge craving for a chocolate cake. As usual now, I didn’t have any eggs in my fridge. Under those circumstances, I needed to find a vegan alternative. All of the sudden, I remember this Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake Original Recipe that I posted 3 months ago on my website. My brain was starving it but I wanted a lighter version of it.
The Banana Trick
Therefore, I decided to use a banana trick to lower the amount of oil and sugar from my previous vegan chocolate cake. To be honest, I was afraid of the final result since I am not a pro vegan baker.
A Delightful Result
Nevertheless, this weight loss friendly vegan chocolate cake worked perfectly and the result was even better. I had no difficulty to remove it from the mold this time. The taste was up to my expectation: toothsome and light. The texture was dense but delicate at the same time, a delight for the mouth and your body. One last thing, this weight loss friendly vegan chocolate cake is addictive, so please, consume it with moderation.
Weight Loss Friendly Vegan Chocolate Cake – Easy Recipe
Dessert | American Cuisine
Servings 8 | Prep Time: 5-10 min | Cook Time 15-20 min
- 1 cups and ½ unbleached white flour (200g)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (60g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 1/6 cup vegetable oil (30g)
- 1/2 ripped banana
- 1 cup cold coffee (250mL)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (180˚C).
- Grease and coat the cake pan with some flour.
- Mix together the flour, the cocoa, the baking soda, the salt, and the sugar and the flour in a medium bowl.
- Dig a hole in the middle of it and add the oil, the coffee, the banana and the vanilla.
- Whisk everything until the batter gets smooth.
- Add the vinegar and stir quickly, there will be pale swirls in the batter as the baking soda and vinegar react. Don’t worry it’s a normal reaction
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.