Today it is tea party time! meeting with friends, sharing a tea and having fun. But, what is a tea party without any cake? A lame party right? This article will provide you an unmissable cake recipe that will please your guests for sure.
Cake recipes are really easy, basically you need only 4 ingredients: butter, flour, sugar and egg. Proportions are always the same: It is the same amount for all the ingredients. It is as simple as this: 60g flour= 60g eggs= 60g butter= 60g sugar.
My Untraditional Lemon Cake Recipe
Of course, I needed to change the traditional recipe, I cannot stand simplicity. Nothing crazy too, I just added a classical lemon twist, decrease the sugar and margarine amount and increase the fibers by using whole wheat flour.
The result: a moist and lemony cake not too sweet or too heavy and easy to digest.
Only 133Kcal/serving, so don’t feel too guilty to take a slice.
If you are looking for another cake recipe with a special twist, have a look at my French Traditional Lemon And Olive Oil Yogurt Cake
Untraditional Lemon Cake
Dessert | Traditional Cuisine
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 Lemon Juice and its Zest
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup Complete Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (180˚C).
- Grease and coat the cake pan with some flour.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into different bowls.
- Mix together the egg yolks, the sugar and the lemon juice in the 1st bowl
- Beat the egg white until stiff in the 2nd bowl.
- Add the whole wheat our, the baking powder and the margarine to bowl 1.
- Slowly and softly add the stiff egg whites to the main preparation
- Pour the final batter into the cake pan
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Stick a knife in the center of the cake, if it goes out dry, your cake is ready.
- Slice the cake and enjoy it with a cup of tea