I traditionally always eat at least one carrot salad per week during summer. Fresh and soft, I love their taste. Besides, I can always bring a new twist to any of them. The reason why carrots are part of my weekly diet is that they are an excellent source of Vit A. Vit A is essential to keep a beautiful skin and protect your body from external threat like sunburns.
That’s why today, I wanted to hand out this excellent fresh carrot and ginger soup recipe. Because even if we can create many carrot salads, sometimes a little change is needed.
Fresh Carrot And Ginger Soup Summer Recipe
| Appetizer | ❄️|
| Time: 30 min | Rest time: 1hour | in the fridge: 3days max | can be frozen
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 2 small onions
- 1-inch ginger
- 1kg carrots
- 1 L water
- 175 ml lemon juice let s try to do it with only fresh orange juice or fresh lemon
- 175 ml pomelo juice
- spicy pepper (optional)
- salt, pepper and olive oil
- yogurt: optional
- Peel and slice the carrots and small pieces.
- Peel the ginger and grate it
- Cut the onions
- In a saucepan, with a bit of oil, fry the onions on a small heat until transparent
- Add the ginger and a bit of water and keep cooking for 10 minutes
- Add the carrots and let it cook all together 5 minutes more
- Increase the heat and add the water, the juices and a bit of salt.
- Let it boil for around 20 minutes
- Mix everything with a mixer
- Let it cool down for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Enjoy with an inch of yogurt to give a soft texture
Looking for another fresh soup recipe? check out my light and healhty zucchini cream under 100Kcal
Recipe written by Pascaline Pouzols, personal trainer and nutritionist, Barcelona.