Bacon, I loved it…its crispy texture and smokey taste -I could not resist. But since I turned vegetarian, I removed all pork products form my alimentation. That was a hard move but overtime, I got use to it.
However, one day, I had a craving for a tartiflette – a typical French dish made with potatoes, cream, cheese and BACON. I had to find a way to eat it while complying with my beliefs.
How To Manage A Craving For Bacon When You Are Vegetarian
As you may know, It exists meat less alternative in almost all supermarkets. Nevertheless, I was suspicious about their origin and manufacturing process. It took me time to find a clean vegan bacon alternative but I did it: Sweet Earth Bacon.
Sweet earth vegan bacon brings a succulent smokey taste with all organic ingredients and no weird additives. Moreover, it contains no cholesterol and a great amount of protein / serving (10g).
Here is the list of ingredients and the nutritions facts.
BLT Vegetarian Salad: Healthy And Smokey
Let’s talk about the dish now, nothing eccentric but a taste of our traditional Bacon Lettuce and Tomato (BLT) sandwich in a healthy and nutritious salad. This colorful BLT vegetarian salad is weight loss friendly and rich in protein. Excellent for a light meal at night, it will delight your taste buds and send you to heaven – yes, I am not kidding 😉
Healthy BLT Colorful Vegetarian Salad Recipe
Main Dish | American Cuisine
Servings 1 | Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 5 min
- 2 cups Lettuce
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 Egg
- 2 slices Vegan Bacon
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1/4 cup Carrots Instructions
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Salt the water with 1 Tsp of salt.
- Pour the pasta into the boiling water and wait until done. Check on your package of pasta to know the perfect cooking time.
- In the oven, toast your bacon at 375 F, during 8 min.
- Clean and cut the lettuce, the carrots and the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the 1/4 of avocado in mini slices.
- In a Glass, beat the egg with salt and pepper.
- Fried the egg in a mini pan. Keep stirring it with a wood spoon during all the frying process to get mini chunks.
- The egg should be cooked but not too dry.
- Try the pasta, if ready, drain it.
- Now it’s time to add all the ingredients in the same plate. Try to make it beautiful, it will enhance your meal.
- Pour the sauce of your choice to top it. I will recommend a simple lemon, balsamic vinegar sauce with a touch of olive oil.